OYO is looking for an ambitious and proactive PR & Communication coordinator to join our team in Ghent, Belgium. The ideal candidate is hands-on, ideally has an existing PR network/contacts in the area of architecture, design, art and culture and thrives in an international, developing environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generate the studio communications strategy and lead monthly internal communications reviews.
- Proactively reach out and pitch new stories in relevant markets, across different media (print & digital).
- Design and send out newsletter + keep track of its growing active public.
- Searching for valuable media/press coverage, awards, nominations and publications and preparing the necessary material.
- Generate media coverage and handle all aspects of PR activities and strategies in order to help build and manage the company’s public image and generate visibility.
- Cultivate and maintain good relationships with members of the press.
- Respond to interview and /or press requests and write press releases in English and Dutch related to projects or other news.
- Create content for OYO’s social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Organize key media events such as project inaugurations, presentation sessions, open house events etc.
- Guide and direct media through OYO designed buildings and the architectural process.
- Work closely with the Business Development team and the partners in strategic PR efforts and initiatives.
- Oversee all of the printed, broadcasted, and online communications.
- A strong background in PR, Communications, Journalism or relevant professions.
- Strong PR network/contacts in the area of design, architecture, art and culture.
- A hands-on professional attitude with strong communication skills.
- Mastery of strong verbal/written skills in English and Dutch. Additional languages are a plus.
- Mastery of Social Media and embracing its potential, role and reach.
- Ability to work with Adobe Indesign and Microsoft Office. Familiar with CRM programs is an advantage.
- Independent, self-starter and motivated to learn.
What we offer
We offer an exciting, international and design-oriented workplace where the successful candidate will be in charge of the PR strategy and its application of the company. We offer and foresee a part-time position for this role. Salary will be competitive and in compliance with your qualifications and experience.